The Best Mountain Bike Helmet is able to balance the often-competing needs of protection, comfort, weight and ventilation.
Shortcut of Contents
- 1 Best Mountain Bike Helmet Buying Guide
- 2 Best Mountain Bike Helmet Key Feature
- 3 Mountain Bike Helmet Size
- 4 When Need to Replace Your Best Mountain Bike Helmet?
- 5 10 Mountain Bike Helmet Reviews
- 5.0.1 #1: GoMax Aero Adult Safety Helmet Adjustable Road Cycling Mountain Bike Bicycle Helmet Ultralight Inner Padding Chin Protector
- 5.0.2 #2: Demon Podium Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet
- 5.0.3 #3: Gonex Adult Bike Helmet, Cycling Road Mountain Helmet with Safety Light, Adjustable 58-62cm, 24 Integrated Flow Vents
- 5.0.4 #4: Gonex Wind Cross Road Mountain Bike Helmet, Bicycle Adult Helmet
- 5.0.5 #5: Gonex Mountain Road Cycling Bike Helmet Adult Helmet
- 5.0.6 #6: Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet Specialized for Road & Mountain Biking
- 5.0.7 #7: Bell Sanction BMX/Downhill Helmet
- 5.0.8 #8: Triple Eight Certified Helmet
- 5.0.9 #9: Giro Trinity Helmet
- 5.0.10 #10: Giro Revel Bike Helmet – Women’s Matte White/Grey
Best Mountain Bike Helmet Buying Guide
If you are considering to start biking a mountain bike, then add the cost of helmet in your budget along with the cost of mountain bike. Having helmet is all about comfort and security. Here is a complete mountain bike buying guide on help you choose the right helmet to make your biking safe and comfortable.
Best Mountain Bike Helmet Key Feature
A light and portable helmet that you hardly observe on a long ride is a wonderful factor, but you do pay more for the barely-there sensation. The helmets on this list variety from a task. In common, the more you pay the less heavy the helmet will be relative to the quantity of security it provides. It is unjust to merely evaluate helmet by weight old XC designs will win out just about every time but when they provide identical security, it is a useful specifications.
Coverage and Protection
Helped by the use of enduro racing, many open-face covers now provide higher coverage around the back of the head and around the wats or temples than cross-country or street design helmets, assisting increase protection. Unless you care about each and every g or really want greatest cooling, that makes them a sensible bet for most bikers.
Though the extra coverage of helmets is more than welcome, it does get in the way of air circulation, which can mean a much hotter and sweatier go in heated climate or when you are really forcing hard. Gladly, thanks to increasingly clever use of components and design, it is now possible to make a lid that is almost as awesome as a usual design. Having plenty of ports is important, but it’s having programs that help air circulation in through the top side, over your face and allowing all that heated air out of the back is the key. Look for big ports on the top side and back, with strong programs within of the lid.
Fit is the best take into account go helmet buy. When located on your pedals and crushing up a mountain, you don’t want the helmet to be constrictive and make your wheels spin at the end of the day. You also do not want it to be so reducing that it’s failing around when trail origins and stones make for a difficult ride. Luckily, helmets and their specific fit techniques have created great benefits. An individual convert of the insurance adjuster at the back of most helmets gradually cinches the fit around the top and temples.
Mountain Bike Helmet Size
Improved designs come in a number of size to better coordinate the overall form of the helmet to a person’s go. Platform designs will be one-size-fits-all, at least theoretically, which usually indicates the fit is sufficient for informal use but not excellent for those who need serious efficiency. Those with bigger leads are okay with these one-size helmet because spend has to be huge to fit everyone, and the Gong Navigate is an excellent case-in-point. But if you’ll be on your bicycle a lot or intend to force your boundaries, we suggest investing the $50pluse that it expenses to get go helmet that comes in several size.
If you like to record and discuss your trips online, then you will be satisfied to know that more and more producers are developing removable activity camera installs into their helmet styles. These allow an excellent protected suitable for your camera, but also mean you can go back to having an unfettered headgear when you want to.
Many enduro-style covers now also allow you to use glasses to offer almost impregnable eye protection. Look for an optimum that rises up sufficient for you to be able to fit the glasses beneath when you do not want to put them on and a band of some type of the returning to keep them protected.
When Need to Replace Your Best Mountain Bike Helmet?
The decision to replace an old helmet is not always a specific one and there are still controversies to this day about when is the best time. To begin, helmets do have a life expectancy, so it’s never a wise choice to get your old lid that’s been gathering dirt within the last several years without at least taking an excellent look at it. It’s a wise choice first of all the following: can you see any breaks in the foam? Are there any symptoms and symptoms of destruction on the covering or inner lining? If anything looks doubtful, we suggest erring on the part of warning and changing it.
For the nitty-gritty response, there have been a variety of assessments done to pin down the perfect life expectancy. And while there is not a hard-and-fast concept, most producers adhere to 3 to 8 years. If you drive a lot, there’s a high probability you will be replacing it towards the previous end. For the helmet that has been seated for a while, considering the replace in fit and protection technological innovation, purchasing a new helmet will absolutely be upgrading even if your old one still is officially efficient.
The concept for replacing helmet after an accident is far easier. If you damaged and the effect is important, the froth within will be affected, which decreases its efficiency for upcoming crashes. So substitute it. In all severity, it’s not value making justifications to prevent replacing a helmet. If it’s old or has been broken around, get a new one.
10 Mountain Bike Helmet Reviews
#1: GoMax Aero Adult Safety Helmet Adjustable Road Cycling Mountain Bike Bicycle Helmet Ultralight Inner Padding Chin Protector
This is a Lightweight and durable helmet, our Helmet is not only attractive but also completely streamlined and regardless of its cost-effective, it rivals with top of the line helmets. Its style along with 22 air ventilator provides an the best possible air circulation reducing air level of resistance, which makes it a ideal choice not only for beginner customers but also for pro ones.
- Revolutionary Aerodinamic Design as well as its 22 Air Vents Ensures Optimal ventilation
- Integrated Detachable Visor to supply Extra Shade in Sunny Conditions.
- Moisture-Wicking Pads Keep Rider’s Head Dry
- Minimal Air Resistance. Extremely Lightweight only 8.8oz (250g)
- Reflective back Adjustable Dial
- Could not find any cons
Our Rating (4.9 / 5)
#2: Demon Podium Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet
Demon Podium Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet is a very reliable and well-built providing fantastic safety functions as well as guaranteeing a relaxed dressed in experience. Large vents on this helmet make sure it gets a well venting air circulation and it’s very allow air through. The cushioning on the interior is fantastic and caresses the head for a relaxed fit. A great function is the detachable lining that can be cleaned. This is important so that sweating and other dust can be pale to give it a fresh and better fragrance. Usually, for primary safety functions, this headgear comes very useful as is value purchasing.
- Display graphics inspired by the dirt team
- Conforms to the CSPS CE certification
- Internal lining that is removable and washable.
- Shell made from a polycarbonate resin, injected a thermal alloy that has been moulded.
- Comes with adjustable visor that has screws made from aluminium on the sides.
- Sports a foam liner made from EPS to allow for better fit by conforming to your head shape and size.
- Thirteen strategically located air vents to allow for proper air recirculation within the helmet, thus providing a cool environment for the head.
- Light weight at just two pounds
- There is no major cons
Our Rating (4.6 / 5)
#3: Gonex Adult Bike Helmet, Cycling Road Mountain Helmet with Safety Light, Adjustable 58-62cm, 24 Integrated Flow Vents
Gonex Adult Bike Helmet has an excellent fit and can adjust based upon on how you want it. Within the helmet is very relaxed with enough pillows to have a awesome have it protected without having it harming your go. This helmet Created with top high quality 0.8mm PC One casting process and great solidity 85EPS.
- Fits really good.
- Ligthed weithRemplacement inner pads
- Wheel to sized up an down solid!!!
- Also coudl be hard to remplease the battery
- Safety ligth seem week to power up
Our Rating (4.7 / 5)
#4: Gonex Wind Cross Road Mountain Bike Helmet, Bicycle Adult Helmet
Gonex Wind Cross Road Mountain Bike Helmet is helpful in defending your go while riding around town or hitting the paths with a streamlined profile and light-weight design. Its maximum flow vent in the Mountain Bike Helmet can keep your go awesome and disappear sweating. It provides with comfortable and cleanable coating and awesome surrounding. With stylish styles and colors, the Gonex Helmet is your best option to keep rides a bike both safe and stylish.
- Color: Green /Orange / Yellow&Black / White / Black
- Shipping Weight:400g/0.88lb
- Package Dimensions:: 28.1×22.9×16.5cm /11x9x6.5 inch
- Features: 28 breathable big vents
- Comfortable and washable lining, with regulator
- Could not find any cons
Our Rating (4.8 / 5)
#5: Gonex Mountain Road Cycling Bike Helmet Adult Helmet
Gonex Mountain Road Cycling Bike Helmet design is more reasonable, more ventilated, more comfortable, more suitable. 23 incorporated flow vents to keep driver cool. This helmet With flexible turning inner regulator, adjust the hardness of head area size versatility.
- Weight: 229g
- Color: Black with White Or Black with Yellow Or Black with Red
- Material: PC (One molding process)and high density EPS
- Head Circumference: 54-62cm
- Inside Material: double-sided velvet lining+ Aluminum Bracket+ Anti-insect absorbent lining
- Size: 26 x 21 x 12(cm)
Visor was missing
Our Rating (4.8 / 5)
#6: Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet Specialized for Road & Mountain Biking
Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet is very light but strong construction, provides lots of ventillation to the head. It is very easy to adjust, and buckle or unbuckle. The detachable face shield is a fairly function. Best part about this helmet is the adjustability. The adjustment button gives a totally tight fit. Once you have got it fixed and properly secured, you forget you are even dressed in the helmet.
Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet Provides Improved Security. Three dimensional duct design decreases wind resistance; and In-Mold Technological innovation Keeps Headgear in Excellent Condition through daily tear and wear.
- Real safety
- Comfortable and easy to maintain
- Perfect fit or your money back!
- Breaking new patented adjustment system
- Cutting-edge intelligent design
- Excellent ventilation system
- Solid eps safety layer
Our Rating (4.9 / 5)
#7: Bell Sanction BMX/Downhill Helmet
Bell Sanction BMX/Downhill Helmet is a Great, light and portable yet durable helmet that is perfect for all-mountain biking. Bell Sanction BMX/Downhill Helmet is fully venting and is a small 950 grms. Ideal for BMX, Super-D, riding.
The design is motivated by the moto-style, this helmet is made with a laminated fibreglass shell and a flexible face shield. Available in a wide array of colors, there is head gear in this line for everyone.
- Weight: 950 grams / 33.5 ounces
- Usage: BMX Race
- Vents: 15
- Strap Color: Black
- Certifications: CE EN1078, CPSC Bicycle
- Heavy and hot compared to a regular mountain bike helmet
- Pads are bit rough and not removable
Our Rating (4.9 / 5)
#8: Triple Eight Certified Helmet
Triple Eight Certified Helmet is a awesome looking, solid color, has air gaps all along the top for respiration and most significantly is qualified all the way across the board. Perfect fit, very smooth experience, relaxed and constant. Other helmets of this form maintained to make me experience top large while I was driving and slid all over the place on my head because they were never quite the right fit. This headgear is extremely comfortable and I experience assured it will keep me safe. It was also less expensive through Amazon than through Multiple Eight’s web shop.
The new Triple Eight Certified Helmet/ EPS lining features a structured look on the traditional Brainsaver form. But the changes do not stop there. Development of the EPS lining was made so that it is in accordance with U.S. CPSC Protection Conventional for Bicycle for age groups 5 AND ASTM F-1492-08 Protection Requirements for professional skateboarding and technique curler getting on. The design of the inside of the headgear was made so they fit a number of leads with a relaxed fit and comes with two set of places to modify for a appropriate fit. This helmet is best suited headgear for bike riding, professional skateboarding, long getting on, inline getting on, and curler getting on.
- Strap system is highly adjustable and easy to use
- Relatively Inexpensive
- Extra set of large spacers (included) makes it fit better than most standard size helmets I have had.
- Tripple Eight quality and craftsmanship
- Really does not vent any better than any other helmet (but then again you already knew that it wouldn’t)
Our Rating (5 / 5)
#9: Giro Trinity Helmet
Giro Trinity Helmet is an excellent helmet. Fit well and relaxed. Awesome adjustment in the back. Air flow system is good on hot times, need to put on a hat or go headscarf on cool times though (of course). You can ride about 500 kilometers using this helmet without any problems.
- Light. Reallu light weight which is good because you don’t want to have excessive amount of weight to carry.
- Easy to Adjust
- Stylish, look cool
- keeps head cool all around
Cons: they are just minor things
- Easily scratch able
- This helmet seems to get scratched pretty easily
- Not much padding
Our Rating (5 / 5)
#10: Giro Revel Bike Helmet – Women’s Matte White/Grey
Giro Revel Bike Helmet is a awesome and moderate look. There are a lot of air vents so that you actually don’t get hot-headed or get that helmet go look when you take this off. Giro is a well-known product and the standard of workmanship reveals. The style and positioning of everything, from ties, to the sailing face shield, to the several fit configurations on the belt and back adjustment demonstrates these people know what they are doing.
- While using the Giro Revel Helmet I have had no need in adjusting the helmet after putting it on for the first time feeling comfortable on my head and stays in place
- It is layered with multiple cross padding’s providing a comfortable feel
- I love the front edge that comes with the helmet shielding my head
- The appearance of the helmet is great and looks good
- While dressed in the helmet To keep could not find any mistake with it as it has secured me when dropping with bike and it was a difficult affect on the go.
Our Rating (5 / 5)