Seeking the best Mountain bike for you can be an extremely intense assignment. You are eventually going to put resources into a motorcycle that comes stacked with splendid highlights at the reasonable rates.
WAIT!!! Do you know purchasing another mountain bike can be an unpleasant encounter… particularly on the off chance that you stroll into a bike shop and ask, “Which mountain bike would it be advisable for me to purchase?”
That is actually what I did, and in the wake of posing a similar inquiry at the second mountain bike shop, I understood that I was being sold what the bike shop had available and not by any stretch of the imagination precisely what I required. The assortment, language, and evaluating left me bewildered and I did what every confounded purchaser so – I left without purchasing anything!
When I returned home, I investigated what I required on the web, and after that, I sourced the best cost and conveyance!
There is a vast assortment of bikes which are designated “passage level or learners bike.” For under $300 you will purchase steel encircled mountain bike, while over $1000 you will get a lighter casing with better hardware. The costs keep going up and up with the bike and gear improving and better.
Be that as it may, we are not going to examine any of those sections since we are showing here some mid-go mountain bikes. To spare our peruses time in looking at one of the extraordinary mountain bikes at the reasonable value go, we have now concocted an assembled rundown of best mountain bikes under 600 dollars. This rundown will assist you with getting a few thoughts regarding those first-class MTBs.
The 10 Best Mountain Bikes under $600 in 2023
- Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike – Featuring Schwinn aluminum full suspension frame with front suspension fork, 26-Inch Wheels, Red Color, 24-speed.
- Huffy Kids Hardtail Mountain Bike for Boys – Featuring with Summit Ridge 20 inch 6-Speed, Color: Metallic Cyan, 20″ x 1.95″ ATB tires, Easy to install.
- Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike – Featuring 17-Inch frame, 7-Speed Shimano Drivetrain, 26-Inch Wheels, Mechanical Disc Brakes, Navy Blue, Light Blue, and Red
- Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike – Featuring 18-Inch Frame, 24-Speed Shimano Drivetrain, and 29-Inch Wheels with Mechanical Disc Brakes, Neon Green/Matte Grey
- Diamondback Overdrive Hardtail Mountain Bike – Featuring Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame, 27.5-inch wheels, 3 gears in the front and 8 gear in the back, 24 speeds
- Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike – Featuring Disc Brakes, Shimano Shifting, Aluminum Frame, Shipping Weight: 35 pounds, 24 Speed Drive train, 26 inches Double Wall Alloy Wheelset.
- Merax 26″ Aluminum Mountain Bike – Featuring 21 Speed Bicycle 6-Spoke Magnesium Alloy Wheels Bike, 21 gear transmission system, 85% assembled, Frame size: 19″.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso 29er Mountain Bike – Featuring Hydraulic Disc Hardtail Best Looking MTB Matte Black 100mm Travel Suspension,24-speed drive train, 29-inch Mingda DP-20 wheelset.
- Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike – Featuring Multiple Sizes, Multiple Colors, 21-speed, Shipping Weight: 44.3 pounds, Easy to assemble.
- Mongoose Status 2.2 Women’s 26″ Mountain Bike – Featuring 21 speeds, Shipping Weight 44.5 pounds, Large 26×2. 125-inch tires, 26″ Wheel MTB.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the best mountain bikes under 600 dollars!
1. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 – Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Schwinn is one of the most reliable and trusted brands not only in the USA but also worldwide. It has been offering great mountain bikes at affordable prices to the customers.
Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension MTB is another instance of this. It is an excellent choice for the bikers who love to venture in the mountains. It is a good quality mountain bikes that come under 600 USD.
This dual suspension MTB is designed to offer you the best experience when biking through mountainous areas as well as all other terrains.
This Protocol 1.0 is perfect for all bikers looking for an adventurous experience in outdoor challenges. It is built with an aluminum dual suspension frame, which ensures that it is lightweight.
Features of Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension MTB:
- High-quality Schwinn aluminium full suspension frame.
- Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters with the Shimano Altus rear derailleur give smooth shifting and high gear changing.
- Light and durable alloy rims support 26-inch tires for comfortable riding experience.
- Schwinn alloy crank supports optimal gearing.
- 24-speed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters and the Shimano rear derailleur provide a wide gear range and smooth shifting out on the trail.
- Schwinn alloy crank offers optimal gearing and less pesky maintenance on your end.
Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Dual-Suspension MTB is a perfect bike for beginners who want to purchase quality mountain bikes under $600.It has just a few cons, but they should not undermine the fantastic features and benefits.
2. Huffy Kids Hardtail – Mountain Bike for Boys
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike, Summit Ridge is another bike to feature if you are looking for a quality mountain bike in a price tag under 600 USD.
This hardtail mountain bikes have come up with excellent features and benefits that are required for an entry-level biker. It is made with a high-quality steeliness steel frame which lasts long.
It is supported by Kolo 1200 suspension fork that handles bumps and shocks for a comfortable ride. With a gloss blue hardtail frame and six speeds to aggressively ride, the Huffy Summit Ridge is ready for epic, outdoor fun; follow the steps in our product manual.
The indexed SHIMANO TZ-31 rear derailleur combines with the micro-shift twist shifter to deliver six speeds on-demand for uphill climbing, downhill riding, or pure acceleration; removable rear derailleur guard ensures consistent gear operation.
Features of Huffy Kid’s Hardtail MTB:
- Offers a variety of soothing color choices: Metallic Cyan, Solar flare, Purple, Red, Charcoal, and Denim Blue. You can pick from the attractive colors that suit your preference.
- It arrives ready for outdoor adventures. The mountain bikes come 90% assembled with all the tools necessary for easy, quick assembly. All the instructions are given in the product manual. You need to follow those for a hassle-free assembly.
- Slight-rise handlebar enables upright riding to minimize back.
- Front disc brake and rear alloy V-brake to facilitate ultimate stoppage at any condition.
- The index SHIMANO TZ-31 rear derailleur along with the micro-shift twist shifter offers smooth, precise gearing options to ride comfortably. The removable rear derailleur guard assures consistent gear operation.
- Comes with high-quality alloy quick release seat post which enables simple and easy height adjustment according to ‘rider’s height.
- It is powered by 20×1.95 inch rugged ATB tires to roll over any trail with comfort.
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike, Summit Ridge is a great mountain bike for entry-level riders. After looking at the features, pros it comes out as a fantastic bike at a meager price.
3. Mongoose Dolomite – Fat Tire Mountain Bike
Mongoose is a reliable mountain bikes brand for the Adventure-hunting bikers. It has presented some of the best bikes that have attracted the riders.
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike is one of these. It hits the list of best mountain bike under 600 USD. Its unique features have put it in the eye of the riders. This bike has 7-Speed Shimano Drive train, Mechanical Disc Brakes & 26” Wheels, Light Blue, Navy Blue color.
High tensile steel frame, Shimano derailleur, mechanical disc brakes, and large 26-inch wheels are the standout features of this hard tail bike.
Features of Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire MTB:
- Available in dazzling variable colors – Light Blue, Navy Blue, and Red. It offers the riders to choose their favorite color.
- Built with high-tensile Steel Frame that adds extreme strength and durability to the bike.
- The adjustable threadless headset gives comfort while cruising.
- Powered by Shimano rear derailleur with seven speeds and twist Shifters facilitate all types of riding including hill climbing and ease gear change while riding.
- Dual Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide Powerful stoppage in all weather conditions.
- Equipped with Large 26×4-inch wide all-terrain tires to smoothly handle all types of terrains. Wide Aluminum alloy rims support the knobby tires and add stability.
- It offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty. So, have trust in Mongoose mountain bikes.
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike is one of the cheapest bikes that come with blazing colors, elegant design, sturdy structure, and smooth functionality. It is excellent.
4. Schwinn Traxion – Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
Established in 1895, Schwinn has always presented quality bikes since. ‘It’s not easy to keep the reputation without producing quality bikes in this highly competitive market.
Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike is another example of their high-class offerings. This dual suspension bike features some of the best qualities that a biker longs for.
Schwinn lifetime limited warranty provides peace of mind. So, have confidence in Schwinn mountain bikes. It has got its place in the list of best mountain bikes under 600 dollars defeating several contenders of similar quality.
Features of Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension MTB:
- It’s built with high profile Schwinn aluminum dual suspension frame and robust Schwinn suspension fork to soak up bumps.
- Top quality Shimano EZ-Fire trigger 24-speed shifters, and Front and rear Shimano derailleurs ensure smooth gear changing and accessible shifting while riding.
- High profile Front and rear mechanical disc brakes provide dominant.
- 29×2.25 inch wide knobby mountain tires supported by extra wide, light and durable double wall alloy rims to ride in bumpy terrain smoothly.
- Long lasting Schwinn alloy cranks provide steady gearing option and less pesky maintenance on your end.
- Quick release front and back wheels offer secure support.
Schwinn Traxion Full Dual-Suspension mountain bikes is undoubtedly a great bike for riders who want a unique design, quality materials, and brilliant performance in a cheap price tag. It is the absolute right choice for those who ‘don’t want to spend on high budget mountain bikes.
5. Diamondback Overdrive – Hardtail Mountain Bike
Diamondback is a well-known and trusted bicycle brand among mountain bikes enthusiasts. Their reputation has always been good since its inception.
Hand built 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame is Classic MTB. Custom formed and butted tubing combinations stiffness and light weight. With 27.5-inch wheels roll well over obstacles and offer Quick handling, it’s not difficult to find out the reasons.
The excellent features, specifications, and benefits the hardtail bike offers under 600 USD are unimaginable. It has got into the list of best mountain bikes in 2023.
Features of Diamondback Overdrive Hardtail MTB:
- Strong and durable, hand built 27.5 inch 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame for Classic mountain biking. It is designed to meet all the requirements of mountain riding.
- Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors Front and rear for powerful stopping in all weather conditions.
- It is equipped with Shimano 3×8 speed drivetrain along with Suntour XCT cranks. It keeps you cranking up the hills and hammering down the other side.
- SR Sun tour XCT coil spring fork with 80mm of suspension travel ensures comfortable ride by reducing vibrations on the bumps or the rough trails.
- 27.5-inch Kenda Honey Badger tires with double walled Md 19 rim offer secure handling and roll over any path with comfort.
- It provides a Limited lifetime warranty. So, No tension of any damage to the parts during rough riding.
If you are a looking for an entry level, good quality mountain bike then this Diamondback Overdrive Mountain bikes is a perfect choice for you. It does have some flaws, but they are too little in comparison to the benefits they add. It would be worth the money for you.
6. Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full – Suspension Mountain Bike
When it comes to mountain bike brands, Gravity is a very familiar name. It is a trusted brand in bike enthusiastic people. It has always been in the top list of best bikes. It offers excellent quality mountain bikes in the affordable price range.
The Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike is a great entry-level, dual suspension bike that comes well mountain bikes under $600 price tag.
Manufactured in Taiwan, this bike has drawn the spotlight with its unique features in a price just around 350 bucks. Produced with quality components, this bike has a lot more to offer in terms of features and benefits.
Features of Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension MTB:
- Built with sturdy and durable hydroformed Aluminum Frames which last lifetime. It also adds stability to the structure.
- High-Performance TektroNovelloMechanical Disc Brake provides instant stoppage facility at any condition.
- Adjustable Front and Rear Suspension coupled by SunTour long travel Suspension Fork with adjustable preload reduce the vibrations and shocks on the uneven terrains.
- Comes with Enhanced maneuverability with Good Quality Shimano M190 Rear Derailleur and Shimano EF51 with 24-speed shifters. It provides secure, precise gearing options to ride comfortably even in natural terrains.
- Suntour Triple Aluminumcrankset offer maximum gear range.
- High-quality Aluminum alloy Seat post provides a comfortable riding.
- It is powered by 26 inches Double Wall Alloy Wheelset with durable & light Double Wall rims and Narrow 8 Chain and 8-speed Megarange Cassette to roll over any trail with a minimal jerk.
Within less than 600 bikes, this bike comes handy with its dual suspension feature coupled by a stable and durable frame. The low price tag, those are not such significant issues to complain about.
7. Merax 26″ Aluminum – Mountain Bike
Merax 26″ Aluminum Mountain Bike is an appealing mountain bikes for bikers who would like to debut into the sports of mountain riding.
This full suspension mountain bike comes out as one of the most versatile bikes in a budget way below 600. It offers some fantastic features which may seem very unimaginable for such low priced mountain bikes.
The dual suspension would make the ride as smooth as you like and avoid unprecedented jolts to your body. Coupled with Shimano derailleur and shifters, it gives 21 gears to accomplish your riding goals and ensures smooth shifting while cruising.
Features of Merax 26″ Aluminum MTB:
- Comes with two color- Black and Red. You can choose whatever suits your taste.
- Made of super light, heat treated aluminum 6061 mountain frame which adds stability and durability to the structure. It lasts longer and provides excellent performance.
- High-quality Shimano FD-TZ30 front derailleur with Shimano RD-TZ50 rear derailleur and Shimano Shimano EF51 shifters facilitate precise, secure 21 gearing options and smooth shifting on any trail. High-performance Aluminum crank assures safety while pedaling fast.
- Premium quality mountain bike suspension fork with comfort shock absorption guarantees a comfortable ride by reducing the vibrations on the uneven or bumpy terrains and increases control.
- It is equipped with mechanical disc brake which provides maximum stopping power on any unexpected turn or in any weather condition.
- Equipped with stylish 6-Spoke magnesium alloy 26″ wheels with high-performance tires to assure smoother ride in every trail.
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty for frame and parts.
Merax 26″ Aluminum Mountain Bicycle has accomplished itself as one of the best mountain bikes that fulfills all the aspects required for comfortable and convenient mountain riding at a very affordable price. Its design, components, functionality are excellent in the given low price.
8. Tommaso Gran Sasso – 29er Mountain Bike
Tomasso is a well-known brand in the bicycle market. They have produced high-quality bicycles for nearly three decades. Responding to substantial requests of the riders, they have come up with their first mountain bike model Gran Sasso.
The Tommaso 2018 Gran Sasso 29er Mountain bike is a fantastic mountain bikes with excellent features and benefits that are expected by adventurer riders. This entry to mid-level mountain bike is perfect for taking on rough terrains, climbing mountains and cruising dirt and gravel with ease.
The hardtail bike features an aluminum frame with a quality suspension fork and Shimano derailleurs to provide excellent riding comfort. The hydraulic disc brakes offer maximum stoppage power in any conditions. Powered by Mingdawheelset and Kenda tires, this bike rolls over the obstacle on the path with ease.
Features of Tommaso Gran Sasso 29er MTB:
- Built with premium quality Tomasso 29″ aluminum alloy frame that withstands the bumps and ruts of the terrains. It is guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- They are powered with Shimano Atlus 3 speed front derailleur and ShimanoAcera 8 speed rear derailleur to deliver 24 gearing options smoothly.
- It has equipped with ultra-powerful Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brakes. It enables precise and confident stopping in all terrain and weather conditions.
- Comes with Large 29-inch Mingda DP-20 wheelset. It is supported by Kenda K-1104A 29×2.1 inch tire with Mingda alloy rims to deliver exceptional strength and durability. It smoothly moves over any terrain irrespective of the roughness.
- Comes with quick release lever at Front and rear wheel to provide excellent performance and support while cruising on uneven terrains.
- Comes with Lifetime limited frame warranty. So, no tension on heavy riding. The Shimano components offer 2-years limited warranty.
Having analyzed the features, pros, and cons of Tommaso 2018 Gran Sasso 29er Mountain bike, it can be said that it is the best value mountain bikes in this price range.
9. Schwinn High Timber – Mountain Bike
Schwinn is one of the most reliable and oldest Bicycle brands in the world. It has held customer satisfaction since its inception. With Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike, it is not difficult to realize how.
Its exceptional design & finish, unique functions, and fantastic user-friendliness in an affordable price tag have attracted the bikers. The Schwinn aluminum frame provides sustainability while Shimano derailleur and shifters ensure comfortable gearing options.
The premier disk brakes offer crisp stoppage whenever required. If you are looking for a quality entry-level mountain bikes in a cheap price range, then Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike is highly recommended for you.
Features of Schwinn High Timber MTB:
- Available with several dazzling colors- Black, Blue, Grey, Silver, and Teal.
- High quality, long lasting Schwinn mountain frame made of steel. It provides lifetime performance.
- It’s equipped with SR Suntour dual forks that reduce vibrations on the trail and offer a comfortable ride.
- Shimano twists SRAM shifters with Shimano 21-speed rear derailleur for quick gear changes and smooth shifting when riding substantially.
- High-quality Front and rear alloy linear pull brakes provide crisp all-condition stopping power irrespective of the roughness of the terrains.
- High-performance all-terrain tires with double walled light and durable rims to roll over any trails easily.
- Efficient Schwinn alloy crank allows access to a wide range of gears and lessens maintenance cost.
Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike is among the very few hard tail bikes which come with excellent design, function, comfort, and maneuverability in a genuinely cheap cost. It has been named 1 in comfort bike in customer reviews.
10. Mongoose Status 2.2 – Women’s 26″ Mountain Bike
Mongoose has always been a desired brand for the riders with products that push the limits of what a rider can do. It is not possible for a brand to keep their reputation up for nearly half a century without producing quality bikes.
Mongoose Status 2.2 Women’s 26″ Wheel Mountain Bike is the newest iteration of Mongoose in the field of MTB. It comes way below $600 with some of the best features and benefits that one would expect in a price much higher than that.
This fat bike is manufactured with a simple concept. Most of the body parts are made of aluminum, so there is no question of compromise in strength and durability.
Features of Mongoose Status 2.2 Women’s 26″ MTB:
- Built with sturdy, durable full suspension Aluminum mountain bikes frame with Hydro formed tubing which lasts long.
- Comes with a sturdy suspension fork and rear shock to absorb the vibrations in rough terrains.
- It is powered with high-quality 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur and SRAM twist shifters to offer comfortable, precise gearing options and smooth shifting without any trouble.
- High-class Front and rear v-brakes provide smooth, reliable stopping even at wettest terrains.
- Large 26×2. 125-inch tires coupled with light, durable alloy rims provide excellent traction and allows for rolling over any surface on your path comfortably.
- Comes with 1-year constrained warranty.
Mongoose Status 2.2 is an excellent mountain bikes for the women who are looking to debut into mountain biking. Its exceptional design, amazing features bikes.
However, If you are not ready to spend 500 dollars at this moment? We have another of high-quality mountain bikes those are more affordable like under $300 or under $200. Check out a couple of affordable alternative options for you the best mountain bikes under $300 or best mountain bikes under $200 from our blog